A foray into Flickr. Rudai Book23: Thing 3

I had a good rummage through the photo sharing site Flickr. As I called my blog Health research librarian, I did some searches using variations of these terms. Obviously there's lots about libraries in general, but not so many good photos when qualifiers are added. Perhaps that's all for the good, as Flickr shares some of the issues of other large collections. In other words, it's difficult to get Goldilocks search results  - not to big and not to small, but just right!

In the end I downloaded a picture tagged in a 'research librarian' search. It has a non-commercial attributable licence, without derivatives by M kasahara.

Books Mosaic is copyright (c) 2007 M Kasahara and made available under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic license
The picture sums up the collage that is research; drawing together different related aspects that are brought together to form one whole piece.

The hardest thing to do was knowing how to give the correct attribution to the photographer. Too little detail is not giving appropriate credit or creating a trackable trail to find it. Too much seems clumsy and could overwhelm a post or presentation slide. I suppose the main details and links are sufficient. 

Overall it was interesting to have a really good look at Flickr, as I had only briefly looked before when looking for free images for a presentation. It will require some more practice but at least I can see the different searches for photos and people.  It was also a good opportunity to create my own account. Once I get a decent camera hopefully I'll be able to populate the 'Health research librarian' search.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My reflection on Things 3-5.- from the visual communicator section of Rudai 23. Thing 6

Ciao tutti. A Rudai 23 post: thing 2